LHD boundaries as described are approximate and subject to change. Consult the LHD Study Report on file with the relevant local district commission or municipal authority to verify district boundaries and whether a specific property, particularly one in proximity of a boundary line, is within the district. Also note that LHD boundaries may differ from those of State or National Register Districts.
This town-owned 5.9 acre property, located at the northeast corner of Green's Farms Road and the Sherwood Island Connector was the site of the c. 1738 West Parish meeting house and a related schoolhouse. The meeting house was burned in July of 1779 as part of General Tryon's infamous experiment with desolution warfare. In a 1986 archeological excavation at this site, the presence of both historic and Native American below ground cultural resources were documented. Adjacent to the site is a related burying ground. The 3.28 acre Lower Green's Farms Burying Ground was established in 1725 and is owned by the Green's Farms Congregational Church. 
The Greens Farms colonial church site contains potential evidence for land-use patterns associated with religious, educational and government activities, and architectural remains from the Colonial period. The site is also important for the presence of a prehistoric Indian site which could provide more information about the early Middle Woodland period in southwestern Connecticut. 
Assessors information retrieved from the website www.visionappraisal.com.
 Historic Property information retrieved from the town of website http://www.westportct.gov/.
 Greens Farm (West Parish) Colonial Church Site, Historic Resources Inventory, Historic Archeological Sites, Lucinda McWeeney, Westport HDC, 1986, SHPO library, Hartford.
 Westport Preservation Alliance Report, 2009, SHPO library, Hartford.
 Historic District handbook accessed in the town website [http://www.westportct.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=280].