LHD boundaries as described are approximate and subject to change. Consult the LHD Study Report on file with the relevant local district commission or municipal authority to verify district boundaries and whether a specific property, particularly one in proximity of a boundary line, is within the district. Also note that LHD boundaries may differ from those of State or National Register Districts.
This brick Federal house is gable to the front over a four-bay facade. A large wood gable is at either side of the ridge and there is a tall end wall chimney besides each of these gables. These is a third interior chimney behind the point where the side gables join the tympanum. Slender pilasters flank the door and there is a semi-circular fanlight above it. Later additions include a two-storey ell at the rear and a one-storey addition on the south side. 
Samuel Millard built this house o the site of an earlier one built by Jacob Kallogg, c. 1730. Millard bought the property in 1813, but did not move to town until 1821, when records show he joined the church. Millard was a farmer, as was his son Henry. John Millard was another member of the family who owned and farmed along South Main Street in the 19th century. Eventually Henry Millard's heirs quit claimed the land to C.M. Beach and the Vine Hill Dairy Farm. 
 District information retrieved from the town website http://www.west-hartford.com/.
 Report of West Hartford Historic District Commission, 1989, SHPO Library, Hartford.
 Millard House, Historic Resources Inventory, Hatheway E., 1983, SHPO library, Hartford.
Assessors information and Parcel IDs retrieved from the website www.visionappraisal.com.
Maps and GIS information retrieved from the website http://host.appgeo.com/westhartfordct/Map.aspx.