LHD boundaries as described are approximate and subject to change. Consult the LHD Study Report on file with the relevant local district commission or municipal authority to verify district boundaries and whether a specific property, particularly one in proximity of a boundary line, is within the district. Also note that LHD boundaries may differ from those of State or National Register Districts.
Sited in the center of condominiums called 'Parson's Village' which gives the appearance of a small nucleated village. This is a two-story three-bay structure with gable-end facing the street. Entrance on left or north end of facade. On right side, set back, one story gable wing of later addition.
This house is significant because it was built in 1821 by Thomas O'Hara Goodwin who founded his pottery business on this site. Later he moved to other sites further east on New Britain Avenue. All books on the history of West Hartford cite the date of the construction of this house as 1821.
 District information retrieved from the town website http://www.west-hartford.com/.
 Report of West Hartford Historic District Commission, 1989, SHPO Library, Hartford.
 Thomas O'Hara Goodwin House, Historic Resources Inventory, Foster Sherrill, 1985, SHPO library, Hartford.
Assessors information and Parcel IDs retrieved from the website www.visionappraisal.com.
Maps and GIS information retrieved from the website http://host.appgeo.com/westhartfordct/Map.aspx.