LHD boundaries as described are approximate and subject to change. Consult the LHD Study Report on file with the relevant local district commission or municipal authority to verify district boundaries and whether a specific property, particularly one in proximity of a boundary line, is within the district. Also note that LHD boundaries may differ from those of State or National Register Districts.
This two-story gable-roof five-bay side-chimney Federal house is surfaced with wood shingles and rests on a fieldstone foundation. The main section is flanked by Colonial Revival additions, all with six-over-six windows. It should be noted for its Federal entry with denticulated horizontal cornice and double-hung side-lights with simple dado panels. The property encompasses two well-preserved outbuildings. One, a barn of wood painted a classic red, is in use as a stable. Horses occupy the first level, and the second level is a haymow. The second building, a garage/coach house, is a cobblestone structure. The first level is used as a garage and the upper level as a storeroom. These buildings cannot be date, but appear to be of considerable age, possible dating to the 19th century.
The main section of the building survives with a remarkable degree of integrity and is a good example of the double pile, center entry format. It is significant as a good example of the continuing use of such plan-forms in Fairfield into the early 19th century. The original owner of this Federal house is unknown. Although farmer Jessup Banks owned it according to the 1858 map and lived in this area according to the 1850 census, because of his many real estate transactions, his acquisition cannot be documented. According to lifelong Fairfield resident Rodney Merwins, this house was probably built by Medad Bradley the 2nd, who married Sophia Banks, the sister of Jonathan Banks. 
 District information retrieved from the town website http://www.fairfieldct.org/.
 Fairfield Historic Properties Study Committee Report, 2005, SHPO Library, Hartford.
 5210 Congress Street, Fairfield, Historic Resources Inventory, Bedford Steven and Lucas Nora, 1988, SHPO Library, Hartford.
Assessors information retrieved from the website www.visionappraisal.com.