LHD boundaries as described are approximate and subject to change. Consult the LHD Study Report on file with the relevant local district commission or municipal authority to verify district boundaries and whether a specific property, particularly one in proximity of a boundary line, is within the district. Also note that LHD boundaries may differ from those of State or National Register Districts.
Stone Road, approximately one mile in length, is a thru-street connection Putnam Road and North Road. Currently, the unimproved road is lined with many mature trees and scattered stone walls. The condition of such walls vary along the length of the road. Daniels's Village is on the National Register of Historic places as an archaeological site, as most of what remains from the village are archaeological remains. Stone Road's historical importance is evident by reviewing the development that has occurred within the area throughout history. The road has been maintained and is till utilized today, providing historical continuity of the Daniel's Village.
Daniel's village contains a well preserved 19th century mill village archeological site. According to research presented by Albert Bartovics, the portions of the road date back to c. 1714. This portion of Stone Road was constructed to connect Putnam Heights (Killingly Hill) with the meeting house. The second phase of the road was cut circa 1744. The purpose of the road was to provide access from the newly constructed relocated grist mill to the original 1714 portion of Stone Road. Development within the village dates back to the mid 1720's, at which time the grist mill, one of the earliest developed in Killingly was constructed. Between the mid 1700's to the early 1800's, the village began to grow (a grist mill and dam- c. 1774, the saw mill - c, 1760, the cider-press, c. 1770; a tan yard and bark house, c. 1775). Most of the development of the village occurred after the Killingly Manufacturing Company established operation at the site in 1814. By 1825 two operational mills existed at the site, one of which was the fourth largest mills in Killingly, and one of the first Cotton Mills in Connecticut. In 1845, after the property was purchased by the Daniel's family, the village became known as Daniel's Village. In 1861, the factory building burned and thus marked the decline of the village.
 Historic Property information retrieved from the town website http://www.killingly.org/.
 Stone Road, Killingly, Historic District Study Committee Report, SHPO Library, Hartford.