LHD boundaries as described are approximate and subject to change. Consult the LHD Study Report on file with the relevant local district commission or municipal authority to verify district boundaries and whether a specific property, particularly one in proximity of a boundary line, is within the district. Also note that LHD boundaries may differ from those of State or National Register Districts.
The 'Powder House' located behind Tomlinson Middle School, off Unquowa Road, is important in the civic history of the Town. This structure was built at Town expense for the safe storage of munitions in the wake of the War of 1812. The building is 9' 11" wide by 18' 2" long by approximately 10' 5" high and contains two small rooms within. A rubble stone structure covered with a subsequently parged brick vault, the building was 'restored' in 1924 with a rough slate gambrel roof by the Eunice Dennie Burr Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. At the tie it was restores, additional land was acquired and a stone wall was constructed around its lot.
Locally significant but also related to national events, the Fairfield Powder merits special consideration and protection.
 District information retrieved from the town website http://www.fairfieldct.org/.
 Fairfield Historic Properties Study Committee Report, 1999, SHPO Library, Hartford.
 Photograph retrieved from the website www.CTMonuments.net.
Assessors information retrieved from the website www.visionappraisal.com.