Harry S. Robertson House
- Historic/Common Name:
- 1685 Farmington Avenue
- Farmington »
- Historic Designation:
- LHP, SR
- Property Authority:
- Unionville Historic District and Properties Commission
- Nature of Authority:
- Eligible for Historic Home tax credits:
- General description:
This gable-to-street house features several Bungalow features, and may have originally had a full-width porch.
- Significance of the property:
The Bungalow-style house at 1685 Farmington Avenue was probably constructed in 1925 by Harry S. Robertson, as land records show a sewer line construction to the river behind it in that year. Shortly after construction, Edward Saling, president of Saling Manufacturing, purchased the house and resided in it until 1934.
- Relationship with the Surroundings:
The building faces north onto Farmington Avenue and is bordered on the south by the Farmington River.
- Buildings, Open Space, Others- River along rear side
- Historic Use:
- Present Use:
- Architectural Style:
- Vernacular/ Bungalow
- 20th Century
- Riendeau Rebecca B.
 Information retrieved from the town website http://www.farmington-ct.org/.
 Proposed Historic Properties, Historic District Study Report, Unionville Historic District and Properties Commission, 2010, SHPO Library, Hartford.
Assessors information and Parcel IDs retrieved from the website http://www.farmington-ct.org/landrecords/search.php.
Maps and GIS information retrieved from the website http://www.crcog.org/gissearch/Default.aspx.
Map of the historic property retrieved from the online GIS mapView photo
- Date of Compilation:
- Manjusha Patnaik, CT Trust for Historic Preservation